The most common sleeping positions and what they say about you:
1. The Fetal Position
As the name suggests, this position is inspired by the fetus. It looks like curling your knees in towards your chest like you’re tucked into a safe little ball.
Approximately, 41% of the sleeping participants adopted this position in a study conducted in the UK. The number of women who slept in this position was twice the number of men.
- Personality Traits: The people who have this as their natural sleeping position are like a coconut. Tough on the outside, but a huge softy on the inside. They can be shy when you first encounter them, but open up and relax quickly.
2. The Log
15% of the people slept like a log, lying on their side with their arms by their side as the best way to have a good night’s sleep. Sound boring, doesn’t it? No! In fact, the opposite is true.
- Personality Traits: “Social butterflies” is the term used to describe these people. Although they tend to be friendly, carefree, and popular, they might be gullible at times.
3. The Yearner
The name itself says this position looks like you are reaching out for something. You sleep on your side but have your arms stretched in front of you.
- Personality Traits: People who sleep like this can be a little complicated to understand. They are open-minded, yet cynical; slow and suspicious when making a decision, but stick to it once their minds are made up.
4. The Soldier
True to its name, the soldier position is when you lie on your back, keeping your arms by your sides. Only a small amount of 8% of sleepers find comfort in sleeping this way.
- Personality Traits: Those who prefer this sleeping position are typically quiet, reserved. They hold both themselves and other people to elevated standards and strict moral ethics.
5. The Freefaller
This one is a thinker. In this one, you lie on your stomach with your arms wrapped around your pillow and head turned to the side. It can be uncomfortable to some people, but to others, it is what gives them a calm sleep. They usually use one of these pillows.
- Personality Traits: Free-falling sleepers show themselves to be bold and extrovert. They don’t have a high enough patience bar to deal with criticism or imbecilic situations.
6. The Starfish
This position looks just like it sounds: starfish sleepers sprawl out over the entire bed. They remain comfortable and carefree during their nap. It is also known as “spread-eagle“. People who stretch like this are generally great friends.
- Personality Traits: Such sleepers are always eager to lend an ear or a helping hand to their friends in need. They might not prefer being the center of attention but would like being there from time to time.
7. The Stargazer
It is not the most popular position, but it’s definitely one of my choices. Stargazers find themselves lying on their back with their arms wrapped around their head, as if gazing at the stars they can see in their dream.
- Personality Traits: People who tend to be natural stargazers in their sleep make their friends a priority and would do anything in their power to help those who are dear to them. These people are optimistic and have a “happy-go-lucky” outlook on life.
8. The Pillow Hugger
People huggers are cuddlers and love to snug in bed. They too, hold high value to the close, personal bonds in their life.
- Personality Traits: Pillow huggers cherish their relationships over everything else. It could be family, friends, or a significant other, they hold their attachments above everything else.
9. The Thinker
Last but not least, this position looks like the fetal position, except your hand, rests gently on your chin.
- Personality Traits: Their emotions run high and tend to vary drastically
Which one is yours?