If you ask people what is so special about the number 23, most of them would answer that it comes between the numbers 22 and 24. They will get surprised by your question. Indeed, the number comes between 22 and 24, but still, it has a lot of facts that are unknown to the common man.
23 Enthralling Facts About The Number 23
- A shape with 23 sides is known as ‘icosakaitrigon.’ An icosakaitrigon is a polygon with 23 sides. The name icosakaitrigon is a composed word, “icosakai” refers to 23, and “trigon” refers to a triangle. It is a geometric shape with 23 sides and 23 angles; it is a highly complex shape that is not commonly found in nature or in everyday objects, and it is mainly used in mathematical and geometric studies.
- On average, it takes about 23 seconds for the blood to circulate in the body. This time can vary depending on a person’s heart rate and the efficiency of their circulatory system. The speed of blood flow and the time it takes to circulate can be affected by factors such as blood vessel health, heart function, and overall physical fitness.
- The average lifespan of a male or female is considered to be around 23,000 days which is equal to 63 years.
- William Wallace, a Scottish knight, was executed on 23rd August. He is best known for leading the Scottish resistance against English rule in the late 13th century. He is a national hero in Scotland and is remembered for his bravery, leadership, and sacrifice in the fight for Scottish independence.
- Number 23 is also linked with Islam. It was believed that the first verses of the Qur’an were disclosed to the Prophet Muhammad on the 23rd night of the ninth Islamic month. Moreover, Quran was disclosed over a time period of a total of 23 years to the Prophet Muhammad.
- Normal human sex cells consist of 23 chromosomes, and other human cells contain 46 chromosomes organized in 23 pairs.
- Psalm 23 is the most quoted and best-known psalm in Christianity. Psalm 23 is also called the Shepherd Psalm.
- In Douay-Rheims Bible, Psalms is the 23rd book. The Psalms are part of the Hebrew Bible, also known as the Tanakh, and the Christian Old Testament. The Psalms are divided into five books, with each book having a different purpose and focus. The Psalms are a collection of prayers, hymns, and poetry that express the feelings and thoughts of the authors.
- It is stated in the sacred text of Discordianism that one of the sacred numbers of the goddess of discord, Eris, is 23.
- There are two movies related to the number 23. “The Number 23” and “23” in which a man was obsessed with the number 23.
- One of the American Nobel Prize-winning mathematicians named John Forbes Nash died on 23rd May 2015.
- Sun Tzu’s original formulation and Chinese remainder theorem consider 23 as the smallest positive solution.
- The great Pyramid comprises 2,300 stones.
- The Latin alphabet consists of 23 letters.
- Egyptian and Sumerian new year is celebrated on the 23rd of July.
- Euclid’s Geometry has 23 axioms.
- Shakespeare was born on, guess what, the 23rd of April, and he died on the same date and month. He lived for 52 years.
- At the age of 23, Jack Nicklaus was the youngest golfer to win the Masters.
- The most common date to spot a UFO every year is the 23rd of July.
- Benjamin Franklin invented bifocals. He announced his invention on 23rd May 1785.
- English poet Jane Taylor wrote “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star” at the age of 23 years.
- The lowest prime number that contains consecutive digits is 23.
- Duotriophobia is basically the fear of the number 23. Duotriophobia, also known as triskaidekaphobia, is a rare phobia and usually is associated with superstitions and beliefs in certain numbers being luckier or unluckier than others.
Aren’t these facts enthralling? I really hope you must have enjoyed reading these fascinating pieces of information. I will definitely try to bring more interesting facts soon. Stay tuned.