Life moves on…the same way it did after the Mahabharata War!
In the previous article, what happened to Draupadi and Pandavas was explained. But, even Lord Krishna was part of the Mahabharata War…what happened to him?
Curiosity is the key to more knowledge. Let’s see if I could give probable answers to our curious questions!
- Pandavas started ruling Hastinapur for 36 long years.
- Gandhari had cursed Lord Krishna which started working. There were many obnoxious events that happened in Dwarka where Krishna led an exodus of the entire clan of Yadavs to Prabhasa.
- In Prabhasa, there was a murderous rebellion that had formed among the clan where Yadavs started killing each other. This leads to the death of their entire race, destroying the complete Yadav community.
- While this was happening, a hunter mistakenly shot an arrow on Lord Krishna which is said to have killed him after which Lord Krishna emerges as Vishnu and leaves the human body in the jungle.
- After Lord Krishna died, Ved Vyasa told Arjuna that the purpose of their life is now over.
- Consequently, Dwapar Yug ended and Kalyug started.
- With this chaos, Yudishtira decided to crown Parikshit as the King; and Pandavas, along with Draupadi, decided to reach The Himalayas to finally reach heaven.
- It was said that Lord Yama took the form of a stray dog which accompanied them to the top.
- So, Draupadi was the first one to fall off and Bheem was the last one.
- It was said that no one except Yudishtira and the dog could reach the heaven because they were the only ones who had no pride.
- When Yudishtira was about to enter heaven, a stray dog revealed his identity to him and told him that he would like to show him hell first before heaven.
- Yudishtira saw that his brothers and Draupadi were paying for the sins they did and later he entered heaven with a promise that once they redeemed their sins, his brothers and Draupadi would also come to heaven.
However, with this, Dwapar Yug ended and Kalyug started, in which we are living today!