Many women’s mornings start with a cup of coffee. Many of them prefer Espresso coffee, as it is quick and easy. Espresso coffee has lower calories than coffee prepared by other brewing methods. There are only three calories in 30 grams of coffee provided that there is no sugar or cream in it.
Espresso coffee can be helpful lose weight and increase the effectiveness of one’s physical activity. According to some studies, coffee makes us less tired if consumed 30 minutes before sports training. Coffee can also reduce muscle pain or soreness caused by exercise.
Espresso coffee is one of the most potent coffee preparations; hence it is advised to dilute it with water. To lessen the adverse effects, it is recommended to drink a glass of water before having coffee. One should make sure that the coffee is from raw beans, which produce better results.
According to Greatcoffeebrewers.com, there are many articles about the benefits of coffee and some about the dangers of coffee. Many say that coffee is harmful to health, but we believe otherwise. Yes, excess consumption of coffee is detrimental to one’s health, but that doesn’t mean it’s not beneficial in optimum quantities. Here are some of the capabilities of coffee.
- It increases immunity, working capacity, and endurance.
- It helps improve memory and decrease stress and depression.
- It reduces the risk of cancer, asthma, atherosclerosis, anemia, heart attack, diabetes, and Parkinson’s disease.
- It prevents the aging of the body and protects the tooth enamel.
- It also stimulates creative thinking.
Coffee has rich materials and vitamins like A, C, PP, groups B, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron. At the same time, coffee has negligible calorie content if one doesn’t add sugar and cream. You might think that since coffee has so many benefits, we can add it to our diet just like other products with benefits. However, coffee has harmful effects, especially for women, and they should be extra cautious when on their periods, during pregnancy, and breastfeeding.
Although caffeine has a positive effect on our body; it’s responsible for our vigor, endurance, and better thinking, it also irritates our nervous system. Female bodies are much more sensitive towards external influences than those of men. Hence, they need to be extra careful.
Excessive consumption of coffee can cause tremendous harm to women.
- At the time of pregnancy, a woman shouldn’t drink a lot of coffee, which can affect the baby, causing the development of gestational diabetes in the child, growth retardation, and lower than average birth weight.
- Coffee adversely affects the development of the fetus, causing harm to its cardiovascular and nervous systems. It also causes swelling of the body, increases anxiety, and induces sleep disturbance and other unpleasant conditions. Moreover, there are fewer chances of conceiving a child.
- At the time of menstruation, women should consume less coffee as it affects the nervous system. During this time, some women may be in an unstable mental and emotional state, and this external stimulus makes it worse. Coffee also worsens the color of tooth enamel and makes skin dry. At such times, they should consume supplements like vitamins for teens or women.
These problems can make women abandon coffee for life, primarily if it negatively affects pregnancy and general conditions during menstruation. So what can be done? Well, if they take adequate precautions, women can reduce the impact of coffee on their health. These may include:
- Making use of natural coffee beans, such as in decaffeinated coffee.
- Consuming 1-2 cups a day but in the form of a weak drink with cream or milk.
In conclusion, these were some of the risks imposed on women’s health due to coffee consumption. So, one should always keep these in mind and consume it within limits. Women should mostly try to limit, if not altogether avoid, coffee intake during menstruation and pregnancy.