Tinkle Razors have been around for a very long time. But they’ve been used for eyebrows mostly. In recent times, tinkle razors have become the newest rage for dermaplaning or shaving.
If you struggle with peach fuzz or facial Hair, the easiest and quickest way is to use a razor. These razors can help remove even the most stubborn coarse hair and give you smoother skin for a better makeup application experience.
First things first, tinkle razors are thin razor blades that are sharp enough to cut through facial hair easily. However, the razor is not as sharp as the razors used on your legs or body. They are designed as such to remove fine facial hair effectively and gently.
Apart from removing Hair, tinkle razors are used for dermaplaning. The skin treatment removes dead skin cells. But before you go ahead with incorporating tinkle razors into your skincare regime, it is essential to consult your dermatologist if you have specific skin concerns or issues. It may also not be suitable for every skin type.
Before we learn how to use these razors, let’s go through some advantages and disadvantages.
Benefits of using Tinkle Razors
- Helps in better penetration of skincare products. They work more efficiently, as removing the peach fuzz eliminates dead skin and oils trapped beneath the skin’s surface, giving it a dull look.
- Removing facial hair makes the skin look smoother and cleaner. As mentioned earlier, dermaplaning removes dead skin cells, giving your skin a glow.
- It helps in removing coarse hair as well.
- Helps in better makeup application. Often facial hair interferes with makeup application and becomes noticeable after you have your makeup on.
- You don’t have to go through painful methods of waxing your face or using hair removal creams. Tinkle razors are faster and painless.
- It’s cheaper than wax and creams. Also, you can do it at home without any fuss.
Disadvantages of using Tinkle Razors
- Hair regrowth varies from people to people. It depends on how regularly you shave.
- Tinkle Razors are a more temporary solution. For a more permanent remedy, laser-hair removal is recommended.
- Although the razor is safe to use, you have to be more careful since you are using it on your face.
Tips for using Tinkle Razors safely
- Begin with clean, dry skin. Then hold your razor at a 45-degree angle, and move it in gentle upward motions. This will slowly scrape dead skin cells and remove the peach fuzz from your face.
- You will have to go accordingly with directions as you move across the contours of your face. Once you get the hang of it, it will become easier. You will also notice fine hair and dead skin on the blade.
- Make sure you hold and pull your skin taut before moving the razor across the face. Please don’t put too much pressure; hold it lightly.
- Avoid using tinkle razors over damaged skin, fresh acne, or blemishes. It can irritate and harm your skin.
- It’s vital to do a patch test before using a tinkle razor. Tinkle razors may not suitable for every skin type.
- Don’t rush the process. It is vital to take time and shave the face gradually. Hurrying and rushing the process may result in cuts and scars. And we are not aiming for that.
- For sensitive skin, you can use oil or shaving cream. It also helps with redness.
- You should not go against the growth of the hair follicles. Use short, downward motions. Going against the growth of hair follicles result in redness and ingrowth of hair.
- Last but not least, sanitize your tinkle razors. After using the razor, let it sit in rubbing alcohol for a while and then wash. Also, do not reuse the razors for more than 2-3 times.
Now that we have covered most areas about tinkle razors. One of the essential questions is the myths regarding shaving off of facial hair. Facial Hair does not grow back thicker or darker. It will remain to have the same texture and growth rate as before. However, excessive shaving should be avoided and performed only as per requirement.