The inner thighs are frequently neglected and are not given much attention, but working on them is crucial for toning your hips, knees, lower back, and core. Shedding fat from inner thighs might seem nettlesome, but there are loads of inner-thigh exercises you can use to strengthen and shape the interior part of your upper legs.
19 Exercises To Tone The Inner Thighs
1. Lateral Lunges
- Start by standing tall along with your feet parallel and shoulder-width apart.
- Step to the right a few feet with your right leg, taking a relatively massive step.
- Keeping your left leg straight, bend your right knee and push your buttocks back, lowering slowly.
- Lower as far as you can comfortably, such that your thigh is parallel to the bottom.
- Push back up and come to the beginning position.
- Repeat 3-4 sets with 25-30 repetitions. This should help you tone your inner thighs significantly.
2. Sumo Squats
- Stand straight and ensure that your feet should be slightly wider than hip-width apart, and your feet should be outside.
- Push your hips back and squat down and keep your body straight and come to a standing position.
- Repeat 25 times with 3-4 sets each. You should feel the burn on your inner thighs, which means it’s working!
3. Fitness Ball Squeezes
- Stand with feet hip-width apart.
- Place the exercise ball between the inner thighs.
- Push the buttocks back, so you are in a high squat position.
- Squeeze the ball for ten seconds with your thighs, then restart and repeat.
4. Cable Hip Adduction
- Stand tall with one shoulder adjacent to the cable machine and your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Attach the ankle attachment to the ankle that is farthest from the cable machine.
- Put your one hand on the hips, while your other hand should be placed on a cable machine.
- Lift the leg that is weighted out vertically as high as possible and then reverse back to starting position. You can also do cross hip adductions.
This move works wonderfully and tones your inner thigh amazingly over time.
5. Side Step-Ups
- Start by standing in front of a stepper with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Step up on the box with your left foot, raise your right knee, and repeat with the other leg.
- Repeat 2-3 sets with ten repetitions.
When you feel the burn, that’s when you know you’re working your inner thigh.
6. Cossack Squat
- Stand with your feet wider than the shoulder-width apart and step to the side like a lateral lunge.
- Come in a squat position moving your buttocks at the back as far as you can and bend your right knee.
- The left leg should face outward and extend it as far as you can.
- The right heel should touch the ground, remain in this position for a few seconds, and return to the starting position.
- Aim for three sets of 10 reps from both the legs for those sexy inner thighs.
7. Criss-cross Power Jacks
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and extend your arms out to the sides.
- Jump and cross your left leg in front of the right leg and the left hand on top of the right hand.
- Come to the starting position and repeat by reversing your hands and legs—a fantastic way to work your entire body, especially your inner thighs.
8. Scissor Plank
- Start by getting into a plank position with your abs tight, with hands & elbows supporting you at shoulder level.
- Take your feet wide outside and then come at the starting position (just like performing jumping jacks.
- Repeat 12 times with 2-3 sets.
9. Frog Bend
- Lie down on your back and raise your legs and join your heels.
- Gradually bend your knees with your heels joined together and come back to the starting position.
- Repeat for 15 times with three sets.
10. Barbell Squat
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Take the barbell and place it right above the shoulders.
- Bend the knees and lower into a squat position.
- Remain in the position for a few seconds and then return to the initial position.
- Repeat for 1–3 sets of 10–16 repetitions.
11. Frog Jumps
- Start by standing in the position with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Lower down into half a squat, and the arms should be at your sides.
- Pause and jump forward as high as possible.
- Land into a squat position and now jump again but backwards from the starting position.
- Repeat it 20 times with at least three sets.
- Start by standing up tall with your feet hip-width apart.
- Step forward along with your left foot and bend your knee till it makes a 90° angle.
- Extend your right leg backwards till the right knee touches the floor.
- Return to the initial position and repeat by reversing the legs.
- Perform 2-3 sets with ten reps with each of the legs.
- Select a barbell of lightweight.
- Stand in the position with feet shoulder-width apart. Please note that your toes should be under the bar.
- Squat down with stabilizing your core, and your back ought to be straight.
- Hold the bar tightly along with your hands adjacent to your knees.
- Lift the bar to your thighs and stand straight.
- Lower the bar to the floor with a reverse motion ensuring a straight back again.
- Do your desired number of reps for those sexy inner thighs.
14. Jumping Jacks
- Stand straight with your legs together and your arms at your side.
- Jump up in the air and try to smear your legs apart with your shoulder-width apart.
- Stretch your arms above your head.
- Land and jump again.
- Repeat. Jumping jacks are outstanding for more than just your inner thighs.
15. Side-Lying Leg Lifts
- Lie down on your right side of the waist on a mat.
- Lie in a straight line such that your body is in a straight alignment.
- Lift your left leg as high as your body allows and keep your right leg stable and balance yourself.
- Repeat for ten times with both the sides for at least 4-5 sets, and work those inner thighs!
16. Inner-Thigh Circles
- Lie on your right side with your right hand supporting your head.
- Bend your left leg and place the left foot ahead of the right leg.
- Hold your ankle for support.
- Lift the right leg with the toe facing outward.
- Make a circle with a raised leg.
- Repeat ten times clockwise and ten times anti-clockwise.
- Change the position and do the same.
17. Flutter Kicks
- Lie down on your back.
- Place your hands under your hips.
- Lift your right leg upward making ensure that your lower back is touching the ground and keep the right leg stable.
- Now slightly lift your left leg upwards above the hip and keep moving it.
- Repeat 30 times for both sides for at least four sets.
18. Deep Squat
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Go down with your knees bend within your feet (knees shouldn’t cross your feet).
- Bend a little backwards by making a squat and go as deep as you can.
- Repeat 25 times with four sets each.
19. Donkey Kicks
- Position yourself on all fours on a mat.
- Place your hands underneath your shoulders and bend your knees such that they are under your hips.
- Keep your right knee bent at 90 degrees and straighten the foot as you lift the knee until it is level with the hip.
- Lower the knee without touching the ground and repeat the lift.
- Repeat ten times, and once you are done with the right leg, reverse the leg and repeat with the left leg to feel the burn in your inner thighs.
Toning the inner thighs might seem complicated, but it’s not impossible and performing these exercises daily will do wonders. Exercises like lunges, deadlifts, and squats should be performed with care and attention. The body’s entire weight comes on the knee in these exercises; hence, attention and following the correct technique are essential. Keep at it, and soon you’ll find your inner thighs looking fit and toned!