Vitamins are very essential for the body. They are needed in small quantities for proper functioning of metabolism in our bodies. Since women lose a lot of blood each month vitamins are vitally essentially for them.
Vitamins For Women
Everyone of you would have heard about different vitamins, and their different benefits for the body. The list of benefits that vitamin provide to our body are endless, talking of metabolism, immunity power are just a small part of it. Vitamins actually contribute a lot to your body growth, stamina and make sure that you stay healthy. These are the important micro-nutrients that each organism no matter how big or small needs for proper digestion of the food. And also for allowing the body to process all the good proteins and vitamins from the food.
But only few people are aware of which kind of vitamin is essentially required when by the body. Men’s body needs different kinds of vitamins and so do women’s body. The first step is to understand the kind of need and then fulfill it. Since the women work whole day and do not care about themselves so its our duty to take care of them.
Therefore, let’s talk about vitamins especially for women, which are required by a woman’s body!
Here is the list of Vitamins for Women.
These are the vitamins that are essentially required by women for their bodily growth, immunity, physical strength and proper functioning of their metabolism. Make sure each and every women around you gets a daily dose of these essential organic compounds. Let us dive into types of the same.
1. Vitamin A
- It is obtained in the form of beta-carotene from the food which is then converted into vitamin A when it goes into our body.
- It helps in maintaining good eyesight and keeps the body away from the complications like deficiency or such as night blindness, xerophthalmia, etc.
- It is found in antioxidant-rich foods such as carrots, apricots, sweet potato, dark leafy greens and peas, etc.
2. Vitamin C
- It is also known as Ascorbic acid.
- It helps in healing bodily hurts.
- Also, it helps in the formation of RBCs.
- It is required especially for women who are anemic.
- It boosts brain chemical i.e noradrenaline.
- Levels of vitamin C decreases with age. Since it is a water-soluble vitamin, it cannot be stored in the body. Hence, regular intake of vitamin C is very important.
- It is found in fruits such as orange, grapes, kiwi, lemon, peppers, guavas, berries, tomatoes, etc.
3. Vitamin E
- It is also known as tocopherol and at times, tocotrienols!
- It slows the signs of aging.
- It helps in maintaining healthy skin.
- It is found in foods such as sunflower oil, safflower oil, hazelnuts, etc.
4. Vitamin B6
- It is water soluble vitamin.
- It is essentially important for women.
- It is also known as pyridoxine.
- It helps in boosting metabolism.
- It is found in bananas, chickpeas, oatmeal, etc.
5. Vitamin B12
- It is also known as cyanocobalamin.
- It boosts metabolism.
- It helps in erythropoiesis.
- Non vegetarian foods contain Vitamin B12.
- Red meat is the richest source of Vitamin B12. It is also found in coconut milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese, egg, shellfish (cooked clams), liver (beef), fish (mackerel), etc.
6. Folic Acid
- It is very important during the time of pregnancy.
- It helps in the formation of a healthy brain and spinal cord.
- It helps in preventing birth defects such as spinal Bifida.
- Spinach and dark green leafy vegetables, asparagus, citrus fruits, fortified cereals, etc are good sources of folic acid.
- External supplementation is given during pregnancy.
7. Vitamin D
- It helps in absorption of calcium and phosphorous.
- It is extremely important for post-menopausal women.
- Lack of vitamin D leads to osteopenia and then osteoporosis.
- Sunlight is the best source of vitamin D.
8. Vitamin K
- It keeps the bones strong.
- It helps in blood clotting.
- Green leafy veggies, soybean oil, fish oil, etc are good sources of vitamin K.
Now remember to add vitamins to your daily diet and stay fit . Also, if you liked the article, then do not forget to share it among friends!