Are you someone whose wardrobe is bursting with the enchanting black fabric?
Have your friends stopped getting your clothes from the color spectrum? Are you one of those people whose number one shopping rule is “If it’s not black, put it back”? Welcome aboard.
Here are some of the personality traits that explain the inclination towards BLACK:
1) People who wear black intend to display a certain kind of aura around them. They want to assert their power wherever they go.
2) Black, according to some psychologists, equates to dullness. It is believed they use black to build a cocoon around their feelings and have a streak of anxiety.
3) It exuberates confidence. People, especially women, who wear black want to divert attention from their attire to their personalities, their work. According to them, bright colors are merely distractions and hence, want to stay away from it.
4) Being ambitious is yet another thread that links people who wear all black. It shows that a person is driven, focused and certain about their goals.
5) It is also believed that black is worn in order to intimidate others. Their desire to appear strong is also the reason why men don’t like wearing shades of pink.
6) Black is also believed to flatter one’s curves, making them look a tad slim.
Why black is awesome!
Well, whether these traits apply to us or not, we certainly cannot help loving black.
No one can deny that black is the most classy and chic color that exists. It helps us to steer our lives with certainty in a world that is increasingly becoming unpredictable. Black has an inherent property to impress people. The soothing effect it has on people transcends across boundaries. Wearing black is also a way to express self-sufficiency, to say “I am enough”. It is an undeniable fact that wearing black saves us time, that would otherwise be spent matching accessories. Thus, the minimal characteristic of black is what makes it endearing to most of us. Whoever said, less is more.
Quintessentially, black is a contrast of mystery and certainty, of arrogance and modesty, of chaos and calm. So, go ahead and wear it with grace, with poise. After all, it is our happy color.
Read Also: What is the significance of colors in our emotions?