The health benefits of red wine have always been a debatable topic. But some researches show that red wine (when taken in small quantities) can induce a good sleep, relieve stress, promote heart health, and fight some forms of cancer. Thus, moderate consumption is key as heavy consumption can have adverse effects too.
In this post, we will discuss how red wine is good for health and our skin and hair.
Red Wine For Skin
Red wine is perfect for the skin and helps us to age better. It contains antioxidants like flavonoid, resveratrol, and tannin, preventing skin aging by restoring collagen and elastic fibers. Apart from this, it also helps in fighting acne and revives your skin tone, and imparts a glow that you may have lost due to stress and pollution.
Red wine can be used in all steps of a facial, starting from cleansing, toning, scrubbing, and even in facial masks.
- For Cleansing– Start with cleaning your face with regular water and a damp cloth. Then in a bowl, take 1tsp of lemon juice with 2-3 tsp of red wine. Dip a clean cotton ball in the mixture and apply it to your face. Gently massage it on the face, and after some time, clean your face using a clean tissue.
- For Scrubbing– Take any natural exfoliator of your choice, such as ground rice, coffee, sugar, etc. and add a few drops of red wine to make a rough paste. Apply it on the skin and gently massage in circular motions to remove dirt and dead skin cells.
- For Massaging– Take some aloe vera gel or rose water, whichever suits your skin best, and add a few drops of any essential oil. Add 1 tsp of red wine and mix all the ingredients properly. Massage the mixture on your face using your fingertips, especially on areas like the forehead, chin, and under eyes. This will improve blood circulation. Keep it for 10mins and then wipe off the paste.
For Face Mask– Take 2 tsp of each red wine and yogurt and 1 tsp of honey. Mix all three properly, apply it on the face, and keep it on for at least 15 mins. Then wash it off with a damp cloth, and you will see a visible difference.
Red Wine For Hair
Red wine is very beneficial for hair. Resveratrol present in it prevents hair fall and aids hair growth. The antioxidants present in red wine increase blood circulation in our scalp and help destroy dandruff and thus cure itchy scalp.
- For Itchy scalp- In a bowl, take some wine and add minced garlic. Keep the mixture overnight, and in the morning, massage it on your scalp and hair before washing your hair. Garlic has antimicrobial properties that help in treating itchy scalp and dandruff.
- For Dandruff– Mix equal amounts of red wine and water according to your hair length. Apply it to your hair and scalp. Cover your head with a towel and leave it for about half an hour. After that, wash it off with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
- For hair growth– In a bowl, mix 2 beaten eggs, 2 tsp of coconut oil, 2 tsp of olive oil, and 5 tsp of red wine (you can increase or decrease the amount according to your preference). Mix it properly to make a sticky paste. Apply this concoction to your hair and scalp. Cover your head with a towel and leave it for about half an hour. After that, wash it off with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
- For strong hair– Mix 6tsp of Henna powder, 1/2 cup of red wine, 2 tsp of olive oil, 2 tsp of coffee powder, and ½ tsp of apple cider vinegar (you can increase or decrease the amount according to your preference). Apply this pack to your hair and leave it for half an hour. After that, wash it off with a mild shampoo and conditioner.