Oats is a cereal grass, Avena sativa, known for its edible seeds that are consumed by humans as well as animals. Oats have been recently added to the list of healthy foods though they always were but the world is coming to know them better now. Though it is highly beneficial but its taste is plain and regular. Therefore check out some Oats recipes below.
For one strange reason, I don’y know why but oats never excite me. I know that oats are very healthy and all the stuff like that but its true that I don’t like its taste! It is so boring and tasteless.
I went to a conference once, where they gave me big packets of rolled oats.
And that became my trigger point. From a place where I was wondering what to do with those packets of oats I reached a point enjoying them. Though the truth is that I had to do something with as I could not through them away.
Therefore, I was forced to innovate new recipes with oats so that I can make use of the packets which I had received! And yes I succeed and no I am enjoying it. So in order to help you with the same problem, I would love to share these Oats recipes with you!
Here is a glimpse of few of Oats recipes!
Protein-rich Moong- Oats toast!
Preparation time is 10 minutes
Cooking time is 15 minutes
Serves: – 3
- Masala Oats- 20g
- Plain oats- 10g
- Sprouted green moong- 30g
- Chopped cilantro- 6g
- Cardamom powder- 0.6g
- Green chili- 1
- Ginger garlic paste- 1/4th tsp
- Freshly Chopped onion- 2tbsps
- Whole wheat bread slices- 4
- Oil- 10 ml
- Grind all the ingredients in the mixer (except bread) to a fine paste without adding water to it and transfer the paste to the bowl.
- Apply grinded masala to one side of the bread and spread it evenly all over.
- Put ½ tsp oil on the other side of the bread.
- Place a non-stick pan on the stove and heat it at medium flame. Upon heating, place the masala spread side of the bread over the pan. Toast it well.
- When it is done, flip the toast to the other side, and toast it well till it becomes crispy (this is highly individualized).
- Serve it hot and enjoy the boring oats in a different form!
P.s: – Moong- oats toast can taste better with tomato chutney and salad! And they three are a good healthy combo.
Preparation time: – Just 5 minutes
Tomato soup with Oats touch!
Cooking time is 20 minutes
Serves: – 3
- Plain oats – 22.5g
- Masala oats- 52.5g
- Fresh Tomatoes- 675g
- Fresh Carrot- 90g
- Skimmed milk powder- 60g
- Garlic- 6 cloves
- Pepper powder- according to your taste
- Peel off the carrot and cut it into pieces. Similarly, peel off the garlic skin and crush it till the juice oozes out of it. Cut tomatoes into small pieces. Once done, boil them in pressure cooker together.
- Once you get the puree, bring it to boil in a saucepan.
- When it starts boiling, add oats, pepper powder and salt. When the oats are cooked, take it off the heat and let it cool.
- Make a smooth paste of skimmed milk powder with warm water or vegetable stock and add it to the puree.
- Adjust the consistency accordingly with the water or vegetable stock (this part is highly individualized).
- Then again, just boil it for some more time.
- And serve hot. Your tomato soup oats are ready to enjoy.
These variations can add flavor and taste to your tasteless and boring oats and can allow you to enjoy health with an amazing taste. Do try these Oats recipes so that you do not get a chance to run away from your health.And these now turned tasty oats become regular things to your kitchen. Enjoy them and if you want more inventions try them and share them too. It’s time for tasty fitness! Enjoy!
More recipes coming up soon! Stay tuned, exclusively- at Procaffenation!