Natural Remedies To Lower High Blood Pressure
Blood Pressure is the measure of the force of blood pushing against the blood vessel walls. The heart pumps the blood into the arteries (blood vessels) which carry the blood throughout the body.
High BP, which is also called as hypertension, is extremely dangerous because it makes the heart work harder to pump blood to the body and contributes to hardening of arteries which is called as atherosclerosis. This further leads to the development of heart failure.
High Blood Pressure usually has no symptoms. You might have heard that hypertension is also called as ‘Silent killer’.
It is called as the silent killer because this disease can progress to another disease, leading to heart attacks or strokes.
Sometimes if the BP is extremely high, symptoms like a headache, dizziness, shortness of breath and blurred vision can be experienced.
- Normal BP:- 120/80 mm Hg
- Prehypertension:- 120-139/80-89 mm Hg
- Hypertension (stage 1) 140-159/90-99 mm Hg
- Hypertension (stage 2) 160 or more/100 or more mm Hg
Causes of High Blood Pressure:-
- Lack of physical activity
- High salt diet
- Excess alcohol consumption
- Family history of BP
- CKD (Chronic kidney disease)
- Adrenal disorders
Causes of low Blood Pressure :-
- Loss of blood
- Low body temperature
- High body temperature
- Blood infection
- Reaction to medication.
Natural remedies to lower high blood pressure/deal with hypertension (High BP):-
- Green juice ( Bunch of coriander, 20 mint leaves, 2 sticks of parsley, 2 stalks of celery, 1 tbsp of lemon juice + 150 ml of water) after waking up.
- Take therapeutic water ( 4 stalks of celery + 2 pinch of a piece of cinnamon + 10 basil leaves + 1 lemon (Whole) throughout the day before 7 pm.
- Have 5 drops of garlic juice + 4 tsp of water thrice a day.
- Make a mixture of Watermelon seeds + Poppy seeds. Grind the seeds and take 1 tsp of grinned mixture with water twice a day.
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder with milk before going to bed.
Natural remedies to deal with hypotension (Low BP):-
- Take 150 ml of water + pinch of pepper powder + 1 tbsp of lime juice + 1/2 tsp of salt + 1 tsp of honey immediately after waking up.
- 1 bunch of spinach + 2 beetroots. Juice it out and have one glass per day.
- Flax seeds+ dried celery + dried parsley + fennel seeds + cinnamon powder + cumin seeds. Eat 1 tsp of this mixture thrice a day.
- Take therapeutic water ( 2 stalks of celery + 150 ml of water) every day before 7 pm.
Lifestyle modifications for controlling your BP:-
- Avoid high salty foods like processed foods, packaged foods, pickles.
- Eat foods rich in potassium like bananas, watermelon, celery, parsley and mint mentioned above.
- Include different seeds like pumpkin seeds, caraway seeds, watermelon seeds, cucumber seeds, chia seeds and flax seeds to your diet.
- Start exercising. Do a combination of cardio and strength training. Try and hit for 120- 150 minutes of cardio per week.
- Include yoga at least 2-3 times a week.
- Do breathing exercises for 15 minutes every day in the morning.
- Include vitamin C foods in your diet.
This Hypertension Day, lets take a pledge of changing our lifestyle and maintaining a normal BP by using natural remedies to lower high blood pressure!
WORLD HYPERTENSION DAY:- 17th MAY