Mount Everest, which is also known as Sagarmāthā ( ‘forehead of the sky’) is located in Nepal Tibet-China border. Its peak is about 8,848 meters (29,029 ft) above sea level. It is an attraction for many professional climbers to climb the peak.
Let us have some facts about the mountain:
1.Mount Everest grows 4mm every year due to geological uplift based on the research done by the research team in 1994.
2.The Himalayas has formed almost 60 million years ago.
3. The youngest person to climb was 13-year-old name Jordan Romero on May 22nd 2010.
4. Yuichiro Miura was the oldest person to climb the Everest at the age of 80.
5. Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary were the
6. Over 4000 people tried to climb Mount Everest but only over 2000 people have reached the top of Everest.
7. Radhanath Sickdhar has managed to find out the height of the Everest but later Sir George Everest, the Surveyor-general of India discovered in 1941.
8. Apa Sherpa and Phurba Tashi
9. There are around 260 number of people died on Everest.
10. There are around 120 bodies of climbers still available on the Everest.
11. At the height of 22000 ft, this is a home for a very minute black jumping spider. It’s the permanent resident of this spider.
12. Mount Everest is not the tallest the Mauna Kea in Hawaii is the tallest mountain on the earth with the height of 4200 meters (13,796 ft) and Mount Everest is not the highest peak Mount Chimborazo in Ecuador. It reaches a height of 6,267 meters (20,661 ft) above sea level from the centre of the earth.
If you liked the post then do not forget to share with your friends.