If there’s one thing that can complete an outfit, it’s a good pair of shoes. These days there are several types of footwear for men that are available, which means you are blessed to have a range of choices to suit different events. From formals to casuals to semi-formals to traditional to semi-casuals, there is no dearth of men’s footwear these days.
Whether you want to shop for shoes online for running, jogging, college, festivities or even office, there are certain things you need to follow. It can be a bit tricky to get your hands on the right shoe size. Usually, when people try a particular pair of footwear while buying they feel comfortable but soon after they come home, their footwear suddenly starts feeling weird on their feet.
To avoid the drama of ending up buying the wrong pair of footwear, we suggest you follow these tips to buy the right shoes.
1. You can carry a trace of your foot with you to the store. But make sure the tracing is correct because you don’t want to end up with a size that is slightly bigger or smaller. Whichever pair fits the tracing of your foot right, that’s the pair you should go with.
2. It is wise to shop for footwear in the afternoon because our feet naturally expand a bit during the day. This way you can ensure the right size of footwear, which is neither too tight nor too small.
3. If you are planning to wear a certain pair of socks with your new footwear, wear the same socks when buying the footwear. This will help you ensure how comfortable you feel in the footwear.
4. Have a salesperson measure your feet freshly before you buy a new pair of footwear. You too can measure your feet before shopping for new footwear because our feet change in size with age.
5. As you try the new footwear, press gently on the top to ensure there’s at least half an inch of space between your longest toe and the end of the shoe since it provides sufficient room for your foot to press forward as you walk. Wiggle your toes to make your feet comfortable in the new pair.
6. Walk just enough to make sure you feel comfortable in your new footwear. There should be enough room for your toes to breathe inside. They should also not fall off when you’re walking nor should they give your feet blisters from being too tight.
7. It’s not necessary that you follow the shoe size chart or go with the textbook measurements when buying footwear. You need to trust your own comfort level and go with the size that deems comfortable and fit enough.
8. Don’t forget to check the soles. They should be strong enough to prevent protection from any sharp objects and soft enough to provide the right cushioning to your feet. Walk on hard and cushioned surfaces to check how your feet feel before making the purchase.
With these tips to follow while buying shoes, you can now shop for shoes online without any hassles.