Archie Comics Facts
Archie comics series was the most famous source of inspiration for 90’s kids. The comic is the most popular humor, action-adventure, and blockbuster entertainment. It’s superhero characters includes – Archie, Jughead, Betty, Veronica, Reggie, Kevin Keller, Josie and the Pussycats, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and many more. Archie was our savior during our childhood days. He was the only one who killed our boredom and took us to his world of mishaps. He gave a clear picture of whims and fantasies of a teenage mind.
Here are still a few interesting things about Archie Comics that will shock you:
- The Archie character was introduced in Pep Comic #22. It was published in December,1941.
- Archie is inspired by the life of Bob Montana. He is the creators of the characters, who grew up in Haverhill, Massachusetts.
- MLJ magazines was the company that initially published Archie comics. However, in 1946 the company was renamed as Archie Comics ( due to popularity of the comics).
- The character of Archie in Archie comics is based on a movie named “Love Finds Andy Hardy” (1938). The movie stars Mickey Rooney.
- Archie was on a radio show called ” The Adventures of Archie Andrews ” from 1943 – 1953.
- In 1966, Archie was made Captain Pureheart. Captain was a character with powerful strength and he also had ability to fly using “jet-boosters”.
- In 1973, an artist named Al Hartley got permission to use the characters of Archie comics in a published series by Spire Christian Comics.
- In 1990, an Archie TV movie named “Archie: To Riverdale And Back Again” was aired.
- Tania del Rio wrote a book from Betty’s point of view named ” Diary Of A Girl Next Door: Betty”.
- A horror comic was also made where Riverdale is overrun with zombies. The name of that horror series is ” Afterlife With Archie”.
- You all must be aware that Archie was a car lover. But you might not be knowing that initially, his old car was a 1916 Ford Model T car, and later replaced by a 1960s Ford Mustang.
- Archie and his friends have had a band called “The Archie”. The band produced a real song called “Sugar Sugar”. It topped the pop charts of 1969 and over 6 million copies were sold.
- The censor board placed a ban on Redhead Cheryl Blossom because she was being too sexy for comics.
- The US Postal Service included Archie in a set of five commemorative postage stamps.
- Archie comics shows prehistoric period like Archie 1, where they are cavemen as well as future generations in Archie 3000.
- No one knows the reason behind Archie’s death. On July 2014, Archie was shot dead while he was saving the life his best friend, US Senator Kevin Keller.
- A series called The Married Life was published in 2010. It gave a look at the twin possibility of Archie getting married to Betty and Veronica.
- In a copy of Archie Comics, around 2011 #1 was first published in 1942. It was sold at auction for $167,300 which is an unbreakable record for a non-superhero comic book.
- In 2005, Archie Comics sunged a music duo ‘ The Veronicas’ for trademark infringement over the band’s name. It was allegedly taken from the comic.
- Archie comics have never shied away from crossovers. They have met with The Ninja Turtles, The Punisher, and The Tiny Titans with several others. Search for the best place to buy comics online for more comics you can add to your collections.
I hope these facts increased your knowledge of Archie facts. Don’t forget to tell them to your friends too. Hope you enjoyed reading!
Happy Archie facts!