Bermuda Grass, also known as Cynodon Dactylon (Durva Grass) is just known as lawn grass to a lot of people. Not many of the people are aware of the health benefits that this herb possesses. This is a grass that is associated with Lord Ganesha.
Legend has it that there was a demon by the name Analasura whose name means a Fire Breathing Orge. Analasura created chaos in the world of Devas. Unable to bear his torments, the Devas sought help from the Elephant God – Lord Ganesha.
During the fight, Ganesha got so angry that he swallowed Analasura. Since he was the Fire-breathing Orge, he created a burning sensation inside Ganesha. Lord Ganesha faced an unbearable pain because of this. To relieve him of this burning sensation, Sage Kashyapa gave him the juice of Bermuda grass, which cured the burning sensation.
Since then on, Lord Ganesha has been firmly attributed with this grass.
Doesn’t this sound like the natural acidity most of us face when we have something extra spicy or eat late?
Ayurveda gives Bermuda grass esteemed importance for its medicinal wonders. Read more to find out!
1. Perfect Alkalizer!
Bermuda grass juice is known for its specialty of alkalizing the body. It prevents acidosis and fights against any internal inflammation which can cause diseases to the body.
2. An antidote for Anaemia!
The Durva grass has over 65% of chlorophyll. This chlorophyll helps the body to boost hemoglobin levels and increase the red blood cells count. One glass of Bermuda grass juice per day is enough to keep Anemia at bay!
3. Deep Clean and Detox Factor!
Bermuda grass juice is considered to be a natural detoxifying agent that helps clean the livers and the cells of the body. The chlorophyll content is high in Durva grass and helps in purifying the blood by absorbing the toxic material.
4. The Secret to Smooth Skin!
The essence of Bermuda grass juice, when applied on rashes or wounds on the skin helps in removing scars. Applying Bermuda grass paste with turmeric can help fight fungal infections.
It can also heal eczema when applied with coconut oil and licorice root paste.
5. Rich in Antioxidants!
Durva grass is rich in Vitamin A and C which is known for its antioxidant properties. These help the body fight against cancer, stroke and cardiovascular diseases.
The best way to have it!
Here are some of the best ways to consume this for the best results:
- In the form of Juice – take a significant amount of this Bermuda grass and blend it in the juicer with coconut water, turmeric powder, and a little honey. Consuming the juice in this manner will reduce its bitter taste and proves to be refreshing.
- Dosage – Have a glass of this juice in the morning on an empty stomach. This helps in detoxifying your body and refreshes it for a long day ahead!
- Uses in cooking? – Bermudagrass can be finely chopped and added to dishes in a small quantity. Excess can spoil the taste of the food since the grass is known for its bitter taste.
So readers! Eat good, stay healthy! And pass the message on to near and dear ones!