For one strange reason, oats never excite me. I know that oats are very healthy and stuff but I don’t like its taste!
I went to one conference where they gave me big packets of rolled oats.
Now, this was a trigger point for me where I was wondering what to do with those packets of oats.
I was forced to innovate new recipes with oats so that I can make use of the packets which I had received!
I would love to share those recipes with you!
Here is a glimpse of few of Oats recipes!
Protein rich Moong- Oats toast!
Preparation time: – 10 minutes
Cooking time: – 15 minutes
Serves: – 3
- Masala Oats- 20g
- Plain oats- 10g
- Sprouted green moong- 30g
- Chopped cilantro- 6g
- Cardamom powder- 0.6g
- Green chili- 1
- Ginger garlic paste- 1/4th tsp
- Chopped onion- 2tbsps
- Whole wheat bread slices- 4
- Oil- 10 ml
- Grind all the ingredients in the mixer (except bread) to a fine paste without adding water to it and transfer the paste to the bowl.
- Apply grinded masala to one side of the bread and spread it.
- Put ½ tsp oil on the other side of the bread.
- Place a non-stick pan on medium flame. On heating, place the masala spread side of the bread. Toast it well.
- When this is done, flip the toast and another side till it becomes crispy (this is highly individualized).
- Serve hot!
P.s: – Moong- oats toast can taste better with tomato chutney and salad!
Tomato soup with oats touch!
Preparation time: – 5 minutes
Cooking time: – 20 minutes
Serves: – 3
- Plain oats – 22.5g
- Masala oats- 52.5g
- Tomato- 675g
- Carrot- 90g
- Skimmed milk powder- 60g
- Garlic- 6 cloves
- Pepper powder- to taste
- Peel the carrot and cut into pieces. Similarly, peel garlic skin and crush it till the juice oozes out. Cut tomato into small pieces. Once done, pressure cook all these items.
- Once you get the puree, bring it to boil in a saucepan.
- When it starts boiling, add oats, pepper powder and sit. When the oats are cooked, take it off the heat and let it cool.
- Make it a smooth paste of skimmed milk powder with warm water or vegetable stock and add it to the puree.
- Adjust the consistency accordingly with water or vegetable stock (this is highly individualized).
- Again, just give it to boil.
- Serve hot.
More recipes coming up soon! Stay tuned, exclusively- at Procaffenation!