Girls and heels are inseparable. It doesn’t matter how tall or short a girl is. No matter what their height, every girl loves her heels.
And rightly so. It doesn’t just give you some extra height but also boosts your confidence.
Those sexy heels give your personality the ‘oomph’ factor. Wearing the right kind of heels goes a long way in how you carry yourself and immediately improve your posture.
As told by Cinderella, “One shoe can change your life”. And the evergreen style icon Marilyn Monroe suggested, “Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world”.
Here are some high heel hacks for you to wear those heels and take over the world like a pro!
- The Golden Rule- Buy the right size: The number one on the list of high heel hacks is to buy the shoes in a store where you can try them on. This helps you to avoid any blunders. If the shoes are too big, it will keep slipping out of your feet. And if it is too tight, God save us from the blisters!
- Tape your fingers: Now it may sound funny but this little trick will save you from having a horrifying time at the next party. Use a soft tape or band aid to tape your 3rd and 4th fingers together (counting from the big toe), to avoid discomfort from the squashing of the toes.
- Use lip balm: Apply some lip balm at the back of the heel.This will help you to prevent blisters from the rubbing of the sandal edge.
- Stretch your shoes: If you find that the shoes are too small, you can stretch it out by placing a bag of water on the shoes and put it in the freezer. The expansion of water will help to stretch the shoes. Or else wear a thick pair of sock, put on the shoes and use your blow dryer on them. This too will help to loosen it up.
- Go for thicker heels- The best high heel hack is to choose the right kind of heels. Better to go for wedges or platform heels as compared to stilettos as they reduce surface area and put a lot of pressure on the sole of your feet. Thicker heels help to equally distribute the pressure, making you more comfortable.
- Walk heel to toe: This one is a very common mistake that we do, putting our toe first when we walk. Instead try putting your body weight on the heel while placing your foot forward, for lesser pain.
- Visualize a line: Avoid any clumsiness and imbalance while walking but imagine a straight line ahead of you, like walking down an aisle. Focusing and following that line will prevent any faux pas. And of course, take small steps don’t take your usual long strides.
- Sandpaper your soles: Gliding across the floor can be really embarrassing. Roughen up the smooth soles by rubbing a sandpaper against it gently. This will help to get a better grip.
- Sweat-proof your toes: Sweating feet can be a huge nightmare. It adds to the discomfort, and make your sandals slide off from time to time. Use a spray deodorant between your toes or just use some dry shampoo to prevent the sweating.
- And lastly, get insoles or foot cushions to take the load off the foot and make it comfy to walk.
With these high heel hacks, walking in your favorite heels will be a breeze!