Foods You Should Never Freeze
Before I knew about this, all I knew is I was doing everything wrong! Just thought of sharing this with you.
If you are freezing the following food stuff, it’s the time you need to stop doing it for a healthy body.
There are few foodstuffs which when stored in low temperature ruins the texture and the flavor of the foods.
Have a look at the foods which should never allow them to get a freeze or let it be frozen!
- When the eggs are frozen, the shell usually burst out which has harmful bacteria in it.
- If you want to freeze eggs, then always remove them out of the shell.
- When cheese is frozen, it becomes very rigid which makes them unpleasant to eat.
- It sometimes takes up the unpleasant smell of the other things in fridge. Hence, it is better to avoid freezing cheese.
- When mayonnaise is frozen, after 2 hours it becomes watery which makes it unpleasant to eat.
- All the salad dressings should not be frozen as they are emulsions. They tend to spoil and increase the bacterial load.
- When for potatoes lose their texture, and become waterlogged, making it unpleasant to eat and meal.
- Unopened coffee bags can be stored in the freezer, but when the pouch gets opened, it becomes dehydrated and absorb unpleasant smells as well.
- Lettuce, cucumbers, watercress, and parsley should not be frozen because the water in them dries up which makes it empty nutrients.
- If you want to eat them raw, never keep it in the refrigeration.
So if you have been freezing these food items, then stop them right away!
Thoughts on the article on ‘Foods You Should Never Freeze’? Let us know in comments below!