Muffins Vs Cupcakes
There are few things in the world that compare to the joy you feel when you sniff the aroma of freshly baked cakes, especially if you are a baker.
These sweet little parcels of goodness receive a lot of love from kids and adults alike!
Everyone is familiar with cupcakes and muffins. However, there’s always a confusion whether they are both the same.
Then, why the different names? Some may say muffins are just bigger and cupcakes are smaller. Well, that’s not entirely true!
First of all, let me tell you, that Cupcakes and Muffins are not the same. Not even close!
Muffins vs Cupcakes: The difference lies in not just the ingredients used, but also in the way they are made.
Read on to know!
- While making both cupcakes as well as muffins, you would use flour, eggs, butter, and sugar. However, muffins can be made with vegetable oil instead of with butter; whereas you can’t swap the butter in the cupcake batter. Cupcakes also have a whole lot of sugar and eggs compared to muffins.
- Also, all cupcakes are made with refined flour. The muffins, on the other hand, may have other ingredients mixed in such as oats, whole wheat flour, or other grain flours.
- Cupcakes are very light and airy, while muffins are denser. This is because while making the cupcakes, the batter is beaten to get a smooth emulsion. And the ingredients are added one at a time to blend it properly. While making muffins, all ingredients can be thrown in simultaneously and roughly mixed to get a lumpy texture.
- Cupcakes are always sweet, whereas muffins can be sweet or savory with ingredients like vegetables, cheese, bacon, or fruit added to them.
- Hence, Cupcakes make for a dessert item, whereas muffins can be a part of your breakfast too, as they are considered to be healthier.
- Cupcakes are miniature dainty cakes, whereas muffins are miniature bread.
- And for the final touches… Cupcakes usually have creamy delicious frosting, Muffins may or may not have frosting.
P.S.- Frosting a muffin does not turn it into a cupcake or vice verse.
What are your views on this Muffins vs Cupcakes article? Did you like it? Share your views in comments below!