Benefits of Jaggery
In India, it is a tradition to include jaggery in different food items. It is also a custom to eat jaggery before you do something good, same like having a curd- sugar combination.
This brownish sugary thing is way better than the refined sugar which we use and thus, we can definitely replace sugar with them on our kitchen shelves. It is not just to suffice your sweet tooth, but it has benefits which are way beyond our imagination!
Talking about nutrients, jaggery is a good source of calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, sodium, zinc, and copper. And that’s not all, it is rich in water soluble vitamins and fat soluble vitamins- like vitamin A and E.
Not many people are aware of it, but phenolic compounds which are present in jaggery has anti-inflammatory properties which help in fighting various infections.
If you start counting, there are many remedies which can be cured with a piece of jaggery. But for now, let’s focus on the major benefits of jaggery.
Jaggery helps in relaxing muscles and strengthening nerves.
- As mentioned, jaggery is a good source of magnesium which acts a muscle relaxant, which will help in oozing out fatigue.
- Jaggery helps in relieving premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms as well. It releases endorphins in the body which are feel good hormones.
- For getting relief from PMS symptoms, boil tea with jaggery and consume it warm. It gives a soothing effect to the body and also helps in relieving stress.
- If you are suffering from a migraine, there is nothing better than having jaggery as your remedy! To get rid of a migraine, have 5 ml of ghee with 10-12 grams of jaggery early morning empty stomach, and then at night 30 minutes before going to bed.
Suffering from Anaemia? Jaggery will help you get rid of this!
- Jaggery is prepared in iron vessels. This means that the product which is made in iron vessels must have a good amount of iron as well.
- A piece of jaggery early morning, on an empty stomach will help you cure Anaemia!
Jaggery is also one of the best blood purifiers!
- One of the benefits of jaggery is that it improves immunity.
- It also cleanses esophagus, lungs, as well as the stomach.
- A good source of fibre, jaggery also relieves constipation.
- Jaggery also helps in getting rid of blood clots.
- It is recommended for pregnant women to take jaggery for 40 days after delivery to flush out toxins out of the body.
Benefits of Jaggery = Goodness of antioxidants!
- Jaggery helps in protecting the body against free radical damage.
- To enhance its benefits, have a piece of jaggery with neem extracts!
Having high blood pressure? A piece of jaggery can help!
- Jaggery helps in maintaining sodium potassium levels in the body. Thus, it helps in regulating blood pressure in the body and proper balance is maintained.
Jaggery aids weight loss!
- Adding sugar-free tablets in your meals to lose weight? You can try a piece of jaggery instead!
- It helps in reducing water retention in the body which causes bloating as well.
- Jaggery is also an excellent metabolism booster!
Jaggery protects your lungs like nothing else!
- As mentioned, jaggery also has anti-allergic properties. This helps in dealing with infections.
- People who are suffering from asthma can include 1tsp of turmeric powder + 1tsp of butter +5g of jaggery in their diet every day early in the morning.
- For people who suffer from seasonal allergy, 1tsp of ginger powder + 5 g of gur early in the morning works best. Use it for 1 month, without breaks, for best results.
So are you planning to make jaggery a part of your diet? Let us know your views in comments below.